Wednesday, May 1, 2013

One step at a time

Sawyer called over to Dr. Kwak-Kim office last week and we found out how to go about getting an apt. Before they will even put you on the waiting list you must fill out the 20 page new patient packet, which is no big deal. I think we are both pros by now when it comes to filling out this type of paperwork. So you fax that over, and your medical records unless there are more than 100 pages then you have to snail mail them. Of course mine is like a freaking textbook. I mean 3 IVF 2 FET and 2 different REs, its got to be like 8904759073490 pages long. Once they receive all of that stuff they will then verify your insurance coverage and call you back in 2 weeks with the update. TWO WEEKS TO VERIFY INSURANCE! Holy crap. After that your on the list. As of last week the earliest we could be seen for a consult would be the end of June! Really its not that bad of a wait. At OU I think we waited 4-6 months to get in. So now I'm back to getting all my medical records. I have PDF copies from CARE fertility, OU usually takes about a week and half to get theres together, and I have a PDF from Lakeside from my miscarriage. So just waiting on OU. This time I'm going to make myself a copy that way I don't have to ever wait again on OU. By the time I get my records over to Dr. KK it will probably be the end of July before we can get in. Time flies but then again it drags on and on.

Something else that has been on my mind about going to see Dr. KK is she works along side with your RE. Well I don't currently have an RE. I refuse to go back to OU, I didn't get a good feeling when we went to Tulsa fertility, and then Integris wont even let me step foot in there office bc I am gay. I mean I could fight it and tell them Ill sue them but I don't think I would receive the care I deserve. Theres only 3 fertility clinics in Oklahoma and that's why I went to Texas to CARE fertility and then SIRM. We are lost on where we should go. I LOVED Dr. M at CARE but they only cared about $$ and then it seemed like the communication between me, nurses, finance, Dr. M, embryologist.. EVERYONE was just not good at all. NOBODY was on the same page. And then Dr. Saleh at SIRM its just a blah kind of guy. Not very personal, there to get the job done, but he also advised I don't proceed with treatment. This is where I have no clue what to do. I don't even know if Dr. M would agree to following Dr. KK protocol, I mean ultimately Dr KK is the one who is calling all the shots. She makes the decisions and every single lab/ultrasound is sent to her for reviewing. I just wish she would do the RE part. Even tho she is in Illinois I would still travel. So I guess I need to start looking at more fertility clinics in Texas. Ugh.

I know that we haven't even had our consult yet to see if there are any underlying problems to see if its even worth moving forward with another cycle. But I am just that type of person who likes to have a plan. I Just want to be prepared on what to do next after our consult. I guess that is something I picked up from my momma. She always had to have a plan, and know what was going on. And she didn't like spur the moment type stuff. I know growing up asking for a friend to stay the night that same day would always make her so mad hahaha.


No comments:

Post a Comment