Friday, April 5, 2013

On to test #2

Well I had the phone consult with Dr. Saleh. We had a list compiled of questions to ask since finding out I tested positive for the NK cells. I was expecting a lengthy conversation, however that is not what happened. Phone call lasted 4 minutes to be exact. The phone call that I thought was going to move us forward, only set us back. He kept asking if I felt OK when I took the test or if I had the flu.

Good news: I do have NK cells. They are significantly hyperactive and this is what definitely would cause miscarriages. Knows this is the issue on why I keep losing the baby and keep having failed cycles.

Bad news: While injecting the Intralipid treatment into the dish, my blood did NOT react to it. Very rare for it to not react.

More bad news: Used whats called IViG in the dish, my blood reacted to that. This is a blood product, and this type of treatment costs as much as a IVF cycle.

Advice: Dr. Saleh asked for me to repeat the blood test incase this was just a fluke result. He understands that $350 is ALOT of money for a blood test and to have to repeat it again is even worse. But he wants to be 100% sure before we move forward. He wants to give us the highest possibility of giving us our blessing. But if same results then only option is IViG.

Plan: Now waiting on the kit to come in via mail so I can have my blood retested. Once that comes in and I ship it off to the Immunologist we will then wait another 7 days for results.

If its not one thing its another. But that is okay, just another bump in the road to get us to our beautiful family. We will continue to Thank God for all he has given us, and to pray.



No comments:

Post a Comment